11.16.2008
The Moon
I was talking with one of the other PCVs the other day and she mentioned something about Mali that I find really fascinating. We were talking about the moon. The man in the moon. In Mali, they don’t see a man in the moon. They see a woman carrying wood on her head. So I looked at the moon, and tried to see either a man in it or a woman carrying wood on her head. I only see a bunny rabbit. A squashed bunny rabbit who looks like he’s trying to escape and got a bunch of fun balls dropped on him. Once I had a guy in my boat who told me I should retire from raft guiding and become an air traffic controller because people who can see imaginary things in rocks and clouds make good air traffic controllers. He was on honeymoon with his mail order bride from Russia. She was really pretty.
sweet & sloppy saul kisses
14 years ago
1 comment:
Two very different essays! Both wonderful!
Post a Comment